- Support Forum
- Main Forum
- Joomla Extensions Support
- New to vdata (importing excel data into table) needing some help
New to vdata (importing excel data into table) needing some help
Thank you, that was the problem, I set up semicolon and voilà, my record are updated as expected. Thank you very much
Next question: in my language, french, we have a lot a accents like é ù û and so on. what is the right way to have this correctly updated in mysql.
Currently I updated "rue des églantiers 13" and got this "rue des ?glantiers 13"
First of all the file should be CSV not xls. And from the attached screenshots it seems the CSV file is semicolon separated not a comma. However, the default separator is a comma in vData which can be changed using vData configuration. see attached.
Can i expect some help on this product? I tought support was 24-7 ...
I searched on google if any demo video or tutorial was to be found...
I need to import an excel file into a custom mysql table. No article, no user, etc..
THank you for your help
Data import from csv to mysql, New to vdata need some help
My goal is to let non technical staff maintain customer data on an acounting system and have these data synchronized with a joomla table.
I found your product on joomla extensions list and you guys told me this can be accomplished with vdata
I just purchased vdata and start to implement it.
I went through your documentation, step by step.
1) I have setup an import profile for my database. vdata did recognize the tables and the fields. I have setup two keys. I hope it's correct (profile1.png)
2) I then went to the import page (import1.png) and can define the CSV filename. This file has been generated directly from mysqldata using phpmyadmin, so it should be correct
3) Now I proceed to the next import page where it seems I have to map the fields. When I click on Select field, I see all fields together in the dataentry (see import2.png) (and import3.png)
4) I set up the field accordingly (import4.png)
5) Error by "import Now" if only one field is set (import5.png)
6) data imported successfully if two fields are set (import6.png)
7) result in mysql (mysql1.png)
Q1: are the keys correctly set (step1)
Q2: how can I setup the field mapping correctly (step3)
Q3: how do I handle error in step 5
thank you for your help