- Jeff Honeyager
- Topic Author
- New Member
Start with the goal:
To move Joomla articles (J! 2.5.14) to a different site using J!3.6.5.
I'll create the category on the new site, then use your tool to insert them.
I am unable to connect to a remote database (J!2.5) using the vData tool.
I am going to assume the tool cannot connect because of some hosting issue that is unknown and unresovlable.
So - I'd like to take this approach.
1) Using phpMyadmin I would like to export the articles to a CSV file on the remote server (J!2.5).
2) Move them (ftp) to the destination server (J!3.6.5).
3) Then using vData Import Function:
- Profiles = "Import Joomla Articles"
- Data Source Format "CSV"
- Data Source (the output from 1 & 2)
Here is my problem that may be outside the scope of your tool, but I should be simple for any of you at WDMtech or intelligent members. I just need help with step 1.
Here is my SQL statement that is giving me errors and I can't seem to fix...
SELECT * FROM q4gzt_content
INTO OUTFILE '/home/doemmvan/module1.csv'
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
ENCLOSED BY '"'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n';
table name and destinations are correct.
I just want to accomplish #1
- is this method correct?
- is there a better way?
Thank you for all your help.