Topic-icon Quizzes not advancing when Next button is clicked

More
12 Feb 2017 17:10 #3815

I found a solution!!!! Lawdy lawd!
There is some sort of conflict with the template that was being used.
have not had enough time to pinpoint where in the template conflict happens.
Im guessing it has to do with a jquery problem (?javascript dilema? which is preventing the button to submit correctly?) Different template it rocks and rolls! Im just replying to my post-problem here cause Im actually a nice guy ;) And wanted to point out that if vQuiz is getting snagged on next button not progressing try a different template, which should solve problem. If you must use the (template of choice) its probably something in the template files blocking the javascript button or conflicting with it somewhere...somehow else in some other spot in the template :) Okay thats my 2 cents, im 1 cent above a newbie :) thanks ! happy joomlaing:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2017 14:38 #3814

1.gqbum.com/4

Next button still will not proceed.
I have tried live server and localhost
also changing index.php file on both live server and local host.
Possible things causing trouble?
jquery needing to load or not?
does this quiz need jquery ?yes? no? sometimes? when server thinks it does?
template could be causing some conflict with jquery? perhaps because it was built by humans who enjoy drama lol no really just kidding...but no...it is using t3 framework for template.

or server and jquery could be toggled on or off by a third party on the server?
what a joy :)
Since this quiz is your brainchild please help me in how to educate it as to get good grades in internet school :)
Thanks bosses !!!!!!!!!!
:)

More
06 Feb 2017 06:19 #3769

Hello John,
Stick with Joomla and create something you are most passionate about :)

And as far as your site is concerned It's not working without index.php, Please make it work without index.php and It would work fine.

e.g. www.1.gqbum.com/index.php/1 URL is working but www.1.gqbum.com/1 is not.

Thanks
Daniel

More
04 Feb 2017 16:52 #3758

please rope me back into joomla, I have had to teach my self these technologies on my own. I am a slighlty past beginner user of joomla. I came from the days when flashwebsites were the jam. Big boss of apple or some tech company got angry with some other tech dude. Flash was killed. I had spent years learning macromedia flash, I would skip college class to learn flash I got pretty good at it....started learning javascript some actionscript ect. Then flash died. Had to learn mango because that was the cool thing. then had to learn linux. windows lamp server = garbage. Then joomla came on the scene built lots of sites with it. Local hometown did not embrace me, chamber of commerce fake business was determined to keep me out. Built a large community site with joomla....tried to make everyone in town happy..local businesse... However the business school graduate experts got thier feelings hurt ect ect ect. Now Im struggling with joomla cause lets be real I dont make no dollars with this yet and its been a long road...

So I get frustrated and look at joomla alternatives....wordpress to unstable I dont care how many web experts in my town flaunt it.....its just unstable. But look its so easy...yay

drupal possibility
plone sounds hardcore...however it seems lacking in javascript options?

docs.plone.org/develop/styleguide/javascript.html

It seems like joomla is my best option considering my background as a forward thinking graphic designer-illustrator-and undervalued local artist not able to be employed by anyone in my local "art town" due to god complexes of the local art "chiefs" ect.

So should I stick with joomla? try drupal? create my own cms from ancient siteground books? learn app development to compete with "mark z of fbook"

ditch them and learn plone? get good at python?

or unplug my computer and pick up a paintbrush to move around fancy pigments of dirt that may sell for high dollar approx 100 years after Im dead?

Alas I am a true artist! Nice to meet you :)

if need be login to the backend here?

www.1.gqbum.com

the "1" button has a test vquiz? so its jquery messing it up? the templates rendering of javascript? or lack of?

thanks boss!

• Sherry Buffington
  • Sherry Buffington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
03 Feb 2017 21:19 #3750

Thank you for your help. For those of you with this problem, the issue was in the template, which was loading the jQuery library.

More
02 Feb 2017 09:51 #3746

john wrote: Same problem here too: localhost and live site online both have non functioning "next" button??
I am using most current 2.50 vquiz. Any magical solutions to this?

Did you try switch jQuery on/off in Configuration? If It's still not working Please share your backend & FTP login credentials via Contact us form, We'll look into it.

Thanks
Daniel

More
31 Jan 2017 21:14 #3744

Same problem here too: localhost and live site online both have non functioning "next" button??
I am using most current 2.50 vquiz. Any magical solutions to this?

More
31 Jan 2017 05:59 #3742

Hello Sherry,
Please share your backend & FTP login credentials via Contact us form, We'll look into it.

Thanks
Daniel

• Sherry Buffington
  • Sherry Buffington's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
31 Jan 2017 01:46 #3741

We just purchased vQuiz and it looks like a great component. Unfortunately, I am having a problem getting quizzes to advance when the Next button is clicked. I have tried turning jQuery on and off. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cron Job Starts