Topic-icon Stopped working - trying to update

More
31 Aug 2019 13:04 #7123

Hi Kristin,

You will not loose your data however your vQuiz component will showing some error as there are lots variables of database tables added.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kristin Bird
  • Kristin Bird's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
30 Aug 2019 20:33 #7121

What about if I am trying to update from 2.2.0 to 2.5.34? Is it possible to do this update without losing all my quiz data?

More
22 Aug 2019 06:35 #7109

Hi Kristin,

If you are upgrading vQuiz version 2.5.34 to vQuiz Pro version 2.9.1 then the upgradation is not available for 2.5.34 to 2.9.1 as many new features has been added and some parameters changed as well, so you will need to uninstall your vQuiz old version and then install vQuiz Pro 2.9.1, in that case you will loose your old vQuiz data, to retain your old vQuiz data, you will contact to our sales department URL: www.wdmtech.com/contact and it will be charged.

Best Regards

• Kristin Bird
  • Kristin Bird's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
21 Aug 2019 00:33 #7103

My vQuiz stopped working on my site (would not advance to next question), so I came to get a more recent version. After having to pay for a new license (I thought the original was a lifetime license), I downloaded vQuiz Pro 2.9.1. Installation failed. So, I went back and downloaded vQuiz 2.5.34. Installation was successful (Joomla 3.9.11 site); however, I the back end component threw an error when I tried to access it and the front end quiz also gave an error.

Fortunately, I still had my original download saved my local machine, and I was able to reinstall that to take everything back to original settings. Of course, now the quiz still does not work.

I have searched your site and the forum here trying to find the appropriate update path that will transfer my quiz data from the original version of the component to the newest version - and will successfully install and work - however I have been unable to find any upgrade path help. Please advise.

Page with current quiz: burningheartsdisciples.org/quizzes/enter...yer-survey/play.html

Cron Job Starts